Wednesday, March 17, 2010

How Does Your Garden Grow, Mary?

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I've been busy. I hate that excuse for not doing what you say (even though I never actually said that I'd do anything, it was implied) you're going to do, but there it is. I have a new job that takes me all the way out to Slidell AND I lost the free internet I was hijacking at my house so...here we are.

I knitted some socks (photo and post to follow soon) during the extended cold snap that we call winter and immediately following the last frost, I planted a summer garden. It's pretty much a bunch of herbs (not that herb), a couple of tomatos and a bell pepper. Not only am I too broke to buy tomatos and bell peppers from the grocery store, I just hate the way hot-house vegetables taste. Furthermore, I refuse to go to Whole Foods or one of those farmer's markets. Those places stink of dirty hippie and self-righteousness.

On an entirely different note, come hear me talk about sex!

2 comments:

Bigezbear said...

Ah, but some of us love the stink of dirty hippies ...

Jack in New Orleans said...

I suppose the stink of dirty hippies is fine in moderation (if you simply must-y), but combine it with self-righteousness and a soupcon of condescention...Well, mon dieu! Quelle odeur!